Words cannot adequately describe the pain we feel over our fallen sister, Travis County Senior Deputy Jessica Hollis. We do ask you to continue to honor Jessica by keeping her family, especially her son, in our thoughts and prayers. Jessica died protecting the men, women, and children of Travis County. Shortly before 2:00 am on Thursday, September 18th, Jessica was checking for low water crossings when her vehicle was swept away by floodwaters. Jessica had been a commissioned peace officer since 2006, and had worked as a Travis County Deputy Sheriff for 7 years. She was a Dive Master and a valuable member of the Underwater Recovery Team. Jessica's career accomplishments are many, but she was most proud of her 12 year old son Mason.
A visitation will be held Tuesday, September 23, 2014 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at Cook-Walden/Capital parks Funeral Home in Pflugerville. Funeral services will be at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at Hill Country Bible Church, 12124 RR 620 North in Austin. A Reception will follow from Noon to 5:00 p.m. at Hill Country Bible Church 303 E. Pflugerville Parkway, Pflugerville.
The TCSLEA is accepting donations on behalf of the Senior Deputy Sheriff Jessica Hollis through the Sheriff's Memorial & Benevolent Society of Travis County, Inc. (SMBS). More...
- • Event: Please Join Don Rios Democrat for Travis County Sheriff and Women of Travis County
- • Event: TCSLEA Elections 2016
- • Event: Don Rios for Sheriff Campaign Kick-Off
- • Event: Don Rios For Sheriff Fund Raising Reception
- • Event: Deputy Jessica Hollis. House Resolution HR 706
- • Event: The National Fraternal Order of Police will conduct its 62nd National Conference and Exposition August 9-13, 2015
- • Event: Star of Texas Rodeo - Thank You!
- • Event: Wounded Warrior - Certificate of Recognition